It’s scary knowing that high cholesterol levels can creep up on you silently wreaking havoc inside your body. You may feel fine for a long time, but then a day comes when you feel something off caused by conditions that can be related to high cholesterol levels. In most cases, a random blood test will break it to you while others could suddenly end up with a stroke. Without you being aware, the worst case scenarios could leave you either debilitated or dead. This is why we should never rest on our laurels when it comes to our health, or more specifically, our cholesterol levels.
There are several ways to prevent this or turn things around. You can change your diet, take on a regular exercise program, or take medications. For others, herbal supplements can also be helpful. This is where products like Lipi-Rite becomes very helpful. Let’s see how it just might be your life-saving measure, and if it is even worth a try.
Before we go into the nit and grit of this supplement let’s first get a grasp of things, like what is cholesterol and what is its importance in the body? We often hear of its bad effects giving it a bad reputation. But in reality, we actually need it!
Cholesterol is produced by the body, or it can be derived from food sources. It plays an important role in the human body by helping in the following biological processes:
- Cell membrane support (modulates the physical properties of the membrane which is important for cellular functions)
- Vitamin D production
- Bile production (essential for fat digestion)
- Hormone production (acts as a precursor for all steroid hormones e.g. estrogen, androgen, progestin, etc.)
What causes high cholesterol levels?
Most of us do not have the discipline when it comes to choosing the food we eat. And it’s a fact that we often gravitate towards those that are laden with fat. Being overweight or obese is linked to higher LDL (low density lipoproteins) levels, or bad cholesterol. In most cases the primary cause of high cholesterol is in the genes. It is a condition known as familial hypercholesterolemia.
High cholesterol levels can be secondary to the following conditions:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Underactive thyroid gland
- Liver or kidney disease
- Pregnancy and
- Drugs that can increase LDL levels and decrease HDL (high density lipoprotein) or the good cholesterol
What happens to the body with high cholesterol levels?
The tricky part about high cholesterol levels is that it does not produce any symptoms until a significant amount of damage has been done. Blood testing is the only definitive way to find out. Since it doesn’t cause any pain, you may less likely seek treatment or take cholesterol medications. With uncontrolled cholesterol levels this eventually gives way to a number of conditions which include:
- Coronary heart disease due to plaque build-up and narrowing of the arteries
- Increases risk for heart attack
- Blockage in the brain or stroke
- Gallstone formation
What can you do?
You can turn things around by taking medications and modifying your diet and lifestyle. You will be prescribed with a cholesterol medication, or advised with a low fat diet. Today, a cholesterol-lowering supplement can also be part of your health arsenal. It is discovered to help lower the numbers. But it is only advisable with a doctor’s go signal.
Xtend-Life is a company that has been around for years providing the market with high-quality supplements. I made reviews on several supplements from this company in the past, and one thing I learned is that they do not cut back on quality.
They put importance in going against the grain by providing quality supplements made from carefully researched ingredients. They have the certification to prove it, which supports the fact that what they put on their ingredients list is exactly what you are getting. This is a definite plus because most supplements in the market today are only big on promises but are actually just laced with fillers and extenders. On top of that, their products are produced in facilities that are compliant to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
All of that already gives us hope as to what Lipi-Rite can do. Statins (cholesterol-lowering medications), despite being effective, also have some side effects. So this supplement gives you a natural approach in lowering your cholesterol, and it is also safer.
As what was said on their website, Lipi-Rite is able to address 6 key factors such as:
- Reduction of cholesterol production in the body*
- Reduction in the absorption of cholesterol in your gut*
- Decreasing circulating blood fats and dissolving cholesterol particles*
- Prevention of cholesterol from hardening in your arteries*
- Increasing the excretion of cholesterol carrying bile acid*
- Reduction in the oxidation of cholesterol*
Xtend-Life’s Lipi-Rite has the following ingredients as listed on their website:
- Vitamin E (as mixed tocopherols from Soy bean)
- Niacin (as Chromium nicotinate)
- Phosphorus (as Inositol hexaphosphate)
- Selenium (as L-selenomethionine)
- Beta sitosterol (from soy bean)
- Policosanol (from sugar cane)
- Tea theaflavins (leaf)
- Inositol hexaphosphate
- Propriety Blend of Natural Oils
Rice bran oil, D-limonene (from Orange peel), Soy lecithin, Pumpkin seed oil
In an article by the Mayo Clinic which showed the necessary ingredients for a good cholesterol-lowering supplement, Lipi-Rite possess the necessary components. It has green tea extract which is known to lower LDL levels, while Beta sitosterol reduces both total cholesterol and LDL.
What I do notice is that they did not include the popular cholesterol-lowering ingredient, which is fish oil. However they do mention that it has a unique blend of natural oils. Based on their line-up of ingredients, these are proven to safely do the job.
Directions for use
According to the label, you need to take 2 gel capsules daily. For optimum effects, you need to take these 30 minutes prior to your evening meal. They also added that you can double the dose to twice a day for the first 2-3 months. So with a double dose, you will have to take an additional 2 capsules in the afternoon.
That may seem to be a handful, but to be safe and sure, always ask for your physician’s advise before taking this supplement. Lipi-Rite may be a safe product, but its ingredients may react to other medications you may be taking, while others can increase your risk for bleeding.
How it works
There is no concrete explanation provided on their official page, however from what I understand based on their list of ingredients and their list of active ingredients, this product can help revert cholesterol levels to normal range. It protects your arteries from hardening and narrowing hence preventing your from coronary problems.*
Aside from promoting a healthy blood flow, the natural oils also promote the absorption and bioavilability of the other ingredients.* This makes it more efficient in delivering the intended results.
Price and Purchase
You can purchase the product directly from their website through a very easy purchasing process. A bottle of Xtend-Life’s Lipi-Rite which contains 60 soft-gel capsules cost $57.55. Compared to other similar products, this supplement is more expensive, as with any other Xtend-Life supplements. They do, however, provide volume discounts.
- One of the major selling factor about this product is the fact that it is created under stringent manufacturing practices.
- The product is enteric coated, which is actually how most medications is prepared. This gives the product better rate and being absorbed because the coating protects it from stomach acids that prematurely destroys it.*
- There are several positive responses online about this product, which goes to show that there are several people who have seen its effects work for them.*
- The company’s honestly with regards to the effect of their product for each individual is also commendable. They did not give promises that it can but they did say that the effect will vary for everyone depending on how their body’s respond to it.
- There are several feedback that the product is effective in lowering cholesterol levels, and maintaining it.*
- The brand is rather expensive compared to other similar brands.
- Some are not comfortable in taking several capsules daily.
- The official website did not delve deeper into what each ingredient is able to do.
After having gone through the pros and cons of this cholesterol-lowering product, I can say that it has a lot of promise. The fact that it offers a natural solution in lowering cholesterol levels is a definite plus because having seen the side effects of statins in some of my family members, I would want a safer solution. Not to discredit statins or other medications, but if the condition can still be managed by healthier options, I think this is a good choice.
Xtend-Life’s Lipi-Rite is a product to consider if you wish to lower your cholesterol levels naturally. I believe that it is a good addition to your lifestyle and dietary modifications to keep your numbers at normal levels. The price can be a drawback, but it is a worthy consideration especially with what you are preventing. Overall I think Lipi-Rite is definitely a good buy!
*The claims provided by this product may not be the same for everyone due to the fact that every person reacts differently to the ingredients found in this formula. It is also for this purpose that you take caution when using this product. These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA. It is best to seek medical advice before taking any supplement.